Friday, July 15, 2011

A Sense of Place - August Show



Title: Sunset Over Provincetown
Oil on Canvas
15 x 30
Framed: $2,250
Contact me directly for purchase information

Opening on Saturday, August 06 at the Artists' Gallery, Paul Grecian and I will exhibit a large selection of our landscape work. The majority of the paintings I'm showing are my "skyscapes". I've had a complete fascination with painting the sky, it's a fabulous blend of classical techniques (for compostion, colour, drawing, etc.) but many of the effects are things I learned when I was painting abstractly for a while. The best of both worlds for me.

As the next few weeks go by, I will be posting images of the new works here on the blog.

Artists' Gallery, 18 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ

1 comment:

Lina-Paola said...

You really seemed to enjoy working with the sky! I really love the softness of the color that you used for the sky. This is a really nice piece! I can't wait to see more of your work!
-Lina
misartmanias.blogspot.com